Pickleball is a jumble of three most excruciating games that are badminton, tennis and ping pong. In order to play this game, you need to have a plastic ball and a paddle. Like tennis, you can play it as singles or doubles. It can be easily played both in indoor as well as outdoor. Although, it does have its own court, however, if you don’t have one in your area, you can always improvise. The best part is that it can be easily played on a tennis court.
This game was developed keeping in mind people of all ages. What makes this game most popular is that its rules are quite straightforward. Furthermore, you can quickly learn this game even during the initial practices. When you continuously play this game, you will enjoy this easy sport more than any other thrilling games.
Before we jump into details, let’s have a look at some of the basic rules of this game.
• In this game, you are initially required to make just one serve.
• To start, the serve most be underhand. Most importantly, you have to keep one foot behind the baseline.
• You are not supposed to let any of your feet touch the baseline.
• If and whenever you serve, it should be diagonal.
• You serve until you or your partner causes a fault.
• The serving person is required to score the points.
• This sport has a maximum limit of 11 or 15 points.
• The winning party has to score at least two more points than the opponent.
Note: In a doubles game, you have to wait till the ball is bounced back. Once it is returned, the opponent is required to let it bounce before it finally reaches the origin.
Pickle Ball- One of Most Played Sport at Resort Campgrounds
Due to its easy rules, the game has been played on resort campgrounds for a long time. This sport was first played in 1965 in Seattle and has since gone international. Not only Europe but Canada, as well as Asian countries, have also introduced this game at their campsites. In the midst of spectacular nature and fresh air, the player finds this sport much more than just a game. For them, it is a healthy exercise along with the other activities at the campground. As a result, they feel more active than ever when they return to their homes.
A Final Word
Whether you are on a trip with your friends or camping with your family, you will enjoy pickleball. Not only does this game allow you to be competitive, but the exercise also makes your mind sharp. Therefore, along with other camping adventures, pickleball should be on your to-do list if you have not played it yet.